Working at Danube Tower
Welcome to the career site of the Danube Tower! Why start your professional future here of all places? Because the Danube Tower is not only one of the most famous landmarks in Vienna and Austria, but also a place full of dynamism, innovation and warmth.
Working in the Danube Tower means starting every day with a breathtaking view over the city. It's more than just a job - it's the opportunity to be part of an institution that has been delighting guests from all over the world for decades. We're where tradition meets modernity, and that's what makes our work culture so special.
But it's not just the impressive views and historic heritage that make us special. In our team, we value diversity, continuing education, personal development and diversity. We believe that a diverse team makes us stronger, more creative and more open to new ideas. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we support you in every step of your career.
Let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Danube Tower and become part of our team. We look forward to receiving your application!
Bettina Hallemann, BSc. MA
Head of Human Resources
What makes us special
A career at the top? At Austria's tallest building, the Danube Tower, this is part of the daily program. Turm Restaurant, Turm Café and Donaubräu: Everyday work (and culinary) offers plenty of variety, depending on the strengths of our current and future employees.
Positions behind the scenes - from the reservations department to technology and accounting - round off the job offer and ensure that up to 400,000 foreign and local visitors can visit the Danube Tower each year.
What makes the Danube Tower so special? As one of Vienna's best-known landmarks, we look positively and with foresight into the future. Fortunately, up and down is only for the position that can't be found anywhere else: the lift operator.
Discover our open positions and become a high-flyer.
The Donauturm offers its employees a wide range of benefits in addition to the usual industry services such as free meals and the provision of work clothes (including optional laundry).
- Employees and their relatives/acquaintances (max. 10 persons) receive a 15% discount on private consumption in the company's restaurants.
- During working hours, all employees receive discounted portioned coffee and tea at the price of €0.20.
- Free lift tickets: Each employee has a maximum of 24 free lift tickets per year (maximum 5 tickets per month). The free tickets are valid for 3 months.
- Discounted parking: Commuters from Lower Austria have the opportunity to use a discounted parking space at the Donauturm parking lot for €90,- per month.
- Alignment of anniversary bonuses: As part of our company agreement, an alignment of anniversary bonuses for salaried and blue-collar employees was implemented.
- Additional paid time off: All employees are entitled to additional paid time off if they are prevented from working, e.g. during the final apprenticeship examination (LAP).
- 6th week of vacation: In accordance with the company agreement, all employees are entitled to a 6th week of vacation after 20 years of service.
- Bonuses for apprentices: Apprentices receive a one-time bonus of €300 for "good" success and €500 for "excellent" success when they successfully pass their final apprenticeship examination.
Insights to our divions
High, higher, highest: At the very top of the Turm Restaurant, at a height of 170 m, everything revolves around Austrian cuisine in the truest sense of the word. Experience Viennese hospitality and local wines while enjoying the panoramic view of Vienna.
Viennese Melange: The traditional style of the 1960s meets the coffee culture of the Turm Café with a unique view from a height of 160 meters. Coffee specialties and classics are the perfect accompaniment to apple strudel, Sacher cake and co.
Refreshingly down-to-earth: This applies both to the Donaubräu with its view of the Donaupark and to the specially brewed and served tower beer. Relaxed hours are on the menu in the indoor and outdoor areas.
The Danube Tower to take home: The souvenir store on the first floor is waiting with personal souvenirs, gifts and more for visitors from near and far who don't want to miss out on a piece of Vienna.