top of Safety Instruction
Information and official requirements at the Danube Tower
Please note that these regulations are provisions from the notice on the operating facility permit and therefore unfortunately no exceptions can be made. The regulations serve to protect all visitors, especially in case of fire or disaster.
Coronavirus Hygiene measures
Visits to the observation deck and the catering facilities are permitted in compliance with the general conditions stipulated by the Austrian Federal Government and the City of Vienna. All necessary measures are taken to ensure the safety of guests and staff.
For your visit to the Danube Tower, all persons over the age of 6 must present a valid Covid-19 admission card. (2,5G rule: vaccinated, tested or recovered). All proofs can be presented digitally as well as printed out.
For tested persons 12 years and older:
- PCR tests are valid for 48 hours.
- Antigen tests are no longer valid.
For children from the age of 6 until the age of 12 the following applies:
- PCR test: valid for 72h
- Antigen test: valid for 48h
- Corona-Ninja Passport: This is valid for the week in which all scheduled tests per class week are entered, also on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of that week. If the respective test series for the Ninja Pass is not complete, then the respective tests apply individually - a rapid antigen test is valid for 48 hours and a PCR test is valid for 72 hours.
For vaccinated individuals:
- For vaccines with 2 partial vaccinations:
- You are exempt from testing for 360 days after the 2nd partial vaccination. Vaccination is only considered proof when immunisation is complete.
- Vaccines with one vaccination
- From the 22nd day after vaccination, you are exempt from compulsory testing for 270 days from the day of vaccination.
For recovered persons:
- You are exempt from compulsory testing for 180 days from the date of recovery. The certificate of isolation or a medical certificate are valid.
- Proof of antibodies is valid for 90 days from the date of testing.
- For people who have already recovered and have been vaccinated once, the vaccination is valid for 360 days from the date of vaccination.
- All details can be found in the 48th Ordinance: Vienna COVID-19 Measures Accompanying Ordinance 2021.
- There is no testing opportunity in the Danube Tower.
- We recommend that you buy tickets online to avoid queues at the ticket offices.
- There is a registration obligation for guests (first and last name, telephone number, email address, date with time of entry).
Bringing dogs up the Danube Tower is not permitted by the authorities. Please leave your dog in suitable care on the ground. Taking guide dogs and assistance dogs is permitted.
Dogs are very welcome at the Donaubräu.
Strollers may not be transported in the express elevators, therefore they cannot be taken to the observation terrace, the tower café or the tower restaurant.
Our staff at the ticket office will be happy to show you a place where you can leave your stroller.
Taking a Maxi-Cosi with you is a good alternative.
Open fire and candles
For fire prevention reasons, open fires and candles are prohibited without exception on the entire Danube Tower.
Smoke-free at the Danube Tower
Smoking is officially prohibited throughout the tower.
In the high-speed elevators, only one person in a wheelchair per car may be transported to exit point 1 (observation deck). Each wheelchair user must be accompanied by a person who can transport the wheelchair user if necessary. A maximum of 3 wheelchair users may be present in the tower on the observation terrace at the same time.
The stairs to the catering areas and the stairs to the indoor terrace cannot be used with wheelchairs.
Therefore, it is unfortunately not possible to visit these areas with a wheelchair. If you are able to walk short distances, our staff at the cash desk will be happy to show you the parking area provided for wheelchairs in the entrance area.
The newly designed areas on the first floor - the Donaubräu, the Donaucafé and the store - can of course be used barrier-free.
Events on the indoor terrace
The indoor terrace must be accessible at all times and can therefore only be visually closed off, as it is part of the escape route and evacuation zone in case of fire or emergency (tower restaurant, tower café, central floor). The use of liquid gas and open flames (e.g. candlelight, spray candles, etc.) is strictly prohibited throughout the tower head. All furniture and
decorative items must comply with flammability class B1 in accordance with ÖNORM B 3800/1 and may only be used if they can be shown to comply with at least this flammability class.